The Minnesota Department of Commerce, Division of Energy Resources seeks proposals from organizations or individuals interested in conducting applied research and development projects in nine specific topic areas:
- Survey and Analysis of Minnesota Municipal and Cooperative Utility Programs
- Statewide Policy Analysis and Evaluation of Low-Income Programs in Minnesota Utility CIP Portfolios
- Behavioral Programs Literature Review and Benchmarking Study, and Workshops
- Economic Impact Analysis of the Conservation Improvement Program
- Assessments of Plug-Load Control Devices in Commercial Buildings
- Small Embedded Data Center Program Pilots
- Commercial Roof-top Unit Characterization and Performance Baseline Survey
- Minnesota Manufactured Homes Characterization and Performance Baseline Survey
- White Paper: Sub-metering in the Minnesota Industrial Sector.
The information obtained from this effort is intended to inform electric and natural gas utility Conservation Improvement Program (CIP) development and state energy policy. Up to $2.5 million from the Conservation Applied Research and Development (CARD) Grant Program is available for this particular Request for Proposal (RFP).
The RFP and required forms are available for download at the Commerce website RFP page through Monday, July 21, 2014. Responders may also request a hard copy of the RFP by mail from this office. Requests for hard copies must be received by the Department no later than 12:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time (CT), on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
To request a copy of the RFP by U.S. mail, please send to:
Minnesota Department of Commerce
Division of Energy Resources
85 Seventh Place East, Suite 500
Saint Paul, MN 55101
Proposals in response to this RFP must be submitted by electronic means and received by Commerce no later than 11:59 p.m. CT, Monday, July 21, 2014. Late proposals will not be considered. Instructions for submitting proposals are detailed in the RFP. Commerce has recorded a webinar that covers basic information on this RFP and the submittal process; you can watch the webinar and download the webinar slides (pdf).
This request does not obligate the State to complete the work contemplated in this notice. The State reserves the right to cancel this solicitation. All expenses incurred in responding to this notice are solely the responsibility of the Responder.
If you have questions or need more information about the RFP, please contact Commerce Grants Staff at email@example.com. Other Commerce personnel are not authorized to discuss this RFP with Responders. Contact regarding this RFP with anyone other than Commerce Grants Staff personnel could result in disqualification.